Imagine a big bowl of colorful vegetables, well, we're almost there! The Buddha bowl is a complete dish made from cooked and/or raw vegetables, fruits, cereals, legumes, seeds, spices and sometimes eggs and cheese. The goal? Carefully prepare several small portions of different nutrients and assemble them. These associations are very easy to digest! There is no meat or fish there. Easy to prepare, the Buddha bowl is the ideal combo for a healthy and balanced meal! A meal that transforms into a moment of happiness thanks to the many flavours to discover. In addition, if you like to enhance your Instagram, its aesthetics are all the rage on social networks... 😉
Do you wonder why that name? Imagine the shape of Buddha's round belly. This is what the Buddha Bowl bowl looks like!
To create a Buddha bowl, it's simple, you just have to be creative and respect the proportions. (No, there is no special recipe... Let your imagination run wild!)
- 2/3 raw or cooked vegetables and greenery (spinach, kale, arugula)
- 1/3 cereals (quinoa, millet, rice) and legumes (beans, chickpeas, lentils, tofu)
- 1 sauce for binding and seasoning
- optional, toppings such as sesame, oilseeds, fresh herbs...
We offer you a rather oriental variant:
- 100g of cooked quinoa
- 1 Hummus CS
- 50g of falafels
- 1/4 avocado cut into slices
- 1/4 red onion, cut into pieces
- a handful of cherry tomatoes cut into quarters
- 2 / 3 dried tomatoes cut into pieces
Tips: favour organic products, seasonal vegetables, keep at least 1/3 of raw vegetables and prefer whole grains to refined grains.
Choose a lunchbox to easily transport it from home to work!